Thursday 27 March 2014

Marquee





Download - https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3rvStNkXE4GRU15OXBWQ3N1TjA/edit?usp=sharing

I went on to research different marquees and what I found interesting, was that the marquees closely resemble the logos. Whether they are basic or not, depends on the game.

What I've done, was drawn two most important characters from my game (1 main NPC and 1 main character and put them on the Japanese 'Rising Sun' flag, so that it is similar to my logo.
I have also put the name of my game and the Japanese counterpart of it as well. The English name of the game is in a Japanese style font, therefore it further catches the whole Kaiju theme.
 
I thought that the 'Rising Sun' was a bit bland, therefore I edited it a bit and came out with a nice reddish colour. When I cut out the trees from the background, they left white silhouettes, although upon adding some buildings in, it made the silhouettes look like clouds, therefore I decided to leave them as they are.

 
I then wanted to work on the background aspect even more, to capture that city feel that I have in my game and to make use of the 'clouds'.
To do that, I added two layers of buildings that went behind the already present city layer in the earlier design - it also gives the image depth.
 
 
In addition to the destroyed city that I have on the marquee, I wanted to capture some kind of dramatic impact, to show that the battle is in progress. In order to do that I had to add some effects and I decided to settle for smoke, to show that the city is on fire, destroyed by the on-going battle.
 
 
I then decided that I'll leave the background as I felt it shouldn't be too complicated.
I also felt that the text looks a bit basic and needs to stand out more.
I decided to go back to the text I had on the very first marquee design, although I also added a black outline to the Japanese text as it blended too much into the already light background.
 


 
 
Final Marquee Design
 
 
 
 Evaluation:
 
Overall I am quite happy with the outcome of the marquee. Personally, I would improve the smoke and possibly add other effects to the city, although I didn't want to put too much.
Also, I would clean up the shading on the gun to make it look more professional.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment