Tuesday 11 March 2014

T-Shirt design


Research/Brainstorm

I have researched about T-Shirt printing and managed to find two big companies which do T-Shirt printing for businesses, promoting etc.

Vistaprint:

They let you print for a range of clothing including Polo shirts, caps, hoodies etc.

One downside is that the company only lets you print on the front, back and in a specified boxed area. The T-Shirts are starting from £8.32.


http://www.vistaprint.co.uk/vp/ns/default.aspx?GP=3%2f12%2f2014+7%3a05%3a41+AM&GPS=3127936491&GNF=0


Streetshirts:

This company gives you a lot more freedom as it lets you print all over the T-Shirt. Just like Vistaprint, you can choose from T-Shirts, Hoodies and even children’s toys.

The service provided is slightly more expensive as the T-Shirt starting price is at £14.99.

A big disadvantage of Streetshirts is that it only supports 6 colours, therefore it results in poor picture quality at times.

The built-in creator converts any images etc. to a .svp format.
SVGs can be exported from Illustrator, CorelDraw and Inkscape.

Also, it may be worthwhile to note that .svg file formats do not support gradients, images or strokes.

http://www.streetshirts.co.uk/











Initial Ideas






Evaluation

I have thought about my 6 initial ideas and tried to make them as diverse as possible to be able to pick up on the little bits, develop my idea further and to make a more creative design.

As I have received feedback from some of my classmates on the initial ideas, I decided to mix'em up and develop a chosen T-Shirt design further.









Development











Evaluation

Based on my feedback, I decided to develop two of my ideas and mix them together as they were the most popular. Another reason for this is because I really liked the simplicity of my designs therefore I wanted to experiment on them a bit more which I think would greatly help me decide what would go onto my final idea.





Final Idea





Evaluation
In the final idea, I decided to include the Japanese 'Rising Sun' flag at the bottom as it proves to be a very popular aspect of the earlier designs and in my opinion catches the most attention.

I included my title of the game in Japanese and in English at the top with the main character to make the T-Shirt a bit more interesting to look at.

The back has a logo of Fareham Byte and a small radiation logo near the neck area too, to more or less show what my game is about.

I like this T-Shirt design, although because I wasn't sure which idea to pick throughout the development stages, I think that I didn't do as good of a job as I could have done. If I wa sdoing a coupl eof designs, it would of given me more freedom for creativity as I tried to mash everything on one design. 
Nonetheless I think it went well and I am happy with the outcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment